Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Avengers: The Initiative #16

Overall- I might as well continue with my reviews of Avengers: The Initiative right? Yeah sure, why not. OK then, on with the review. 3D Man meets up with the Skrull Kill Krew(!), and decides to join up with the Krew to hunt down those damn Skrulls. Before I go any further, let me state right now that I am continuously shocked and amazed that Dan Slott and Christos Gage(series writers)keep finding the most obscure characters to use in this comic book. I mean the Skrull Kill Krew! Outside me and maybe 20 other people, who really remembers the Skrull Kill Krew! That's one of the things that I really enjoy about this comic, and these 2 writers. You can tell that Slott and/or Gage are longtime fans of Marvel Comics, or have really done their homework, and have respect for the work that has come before them, unlike SOME people(cough)Brian Michael Bendis(cough)...

ANYWAY, 3D Man and the 2 members of the Krew wind up checking on the New Mexico Initiative team, and kill the 1 Skrull on that team. Komodo, who is a member of the New Mexico team, says she wants to travel with the Krew to Nevada, where her boyfriend(at the time)Hardball is stationed.

Back at Camp Hammond, War Machine gets a message from Tony Stark which tells him to head to a secret location. War Machine takes off, without telling anyone where he is going, which infuriates Skrull Pym. Skrull Pym tells some Skrulls to follow War Machine and a helpful caption box tells me that I can follow War Machine's adventures in Iron Man #33... Ummm, no thanks. I haven't read an issue of Iron Man's solo series since Civil War, and I doubt that I ever will read a solo Iron Man comic again. Civil War absolutely ruined the Tony Stark character for me. Back to this comic(Boy, I'm really all over the place today)Ant-Man follows Skrull Pym in miniature form, and discovers that Pym is a Skrull. As the comic concludes, Ant-Man is wrestling with what to do next.

Whew, I wasn't sure if I was going to get through with that review there for a second. My brain was really all over the place! I blame myself for making reference to Bendis. Whenever I start to think of him, I start to see red. I mean, he just has NO respect for other peoples work! I liked him as a writer on the Ultimate line, but I think he should have stayed there, where he could make up whatever he wanted about whoever he wanted, without destroying characters who have already been established. You see! There I go again! Whenever I mention HIM, I go off on a tangent. I should just dedicate a post to HIM, that way I won't complain about HIM again. This was another solid comic from the dynamic duo of Slott and Gage, and I'll give it a 7 1/2 out of 10. And that's finally the end of this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment