Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Final Crisis:Legion of Three Worlds #2

Overall- I liked this comic a lot... I think. Superboy Prime, and his Legion of Super Villains murdered the "last"Green Lantern, and began to make there way towards the planet Earth, so Prime could continue to destroy all Superman holds dear.

On the Legion's front, Braniac 5 sent out a large group of Legionnaires along with Superman to meet Prime and his reverse Legion, while sending two Legion members to retrieve the body of the fallen Green Lantern and return it to Oa, since Brainiac 5 had an idea that help was located there.

A guy named Sodam Yat was indeed there, but I haven't the slightest idea as to who he is and what his appearance means... Brainiac 5 also sent some Legionnaires back to the 21st century for some mysterious reason, and he also managed to transport every member of the other 2 Legion teams from their respective dimensions to his dimension, gathering a variable Legion of Super Heroes army. After the arrival of the dozens of Legionnaires, Braniac 5 explained to them what was happening in his dimension would have catastrophic consequences in their own home dimensions if Prime wasn't stopped.

There was plenty going on here and I am very optimistic that this series is going to turn out to be one of the best Final Crisis crossovers. The interaction between the 3 Braniac 5's was pretty funny stuff. Geoff Johns is spinning a very good tale thus far, but I still feel that Prime is well past the point of redemption, and quite frankly, if this storyline ends up with anything other then his death, I'll be mildly disappointed. I understand Superman's unwavering moral compass, but after the multitude of deaths Prime has been responsible for, including Superboy, when does Superman get to the point where he says enough is enough?

Anyway, I know I'll be looking forward to the next issue of this series, and I'll score this issue a 7 1/2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment