Sunday, November 16, 2008

Justice League of America # 26

OK, I'll admit it, I've been avoiding this comic book like the plague. I'm sorry, but the last issue was really horrible... Anyway, this is it, there's no turning back now, the only thing left to do is read on...

Overall- Well, the best thing I can say here is thank God this storyline is over. I'd like to explain what this issue was about, and what happened here, but I think it would take either a much smarter person then me, or maybe a madman...

I guess I'll try my best to muddle through this. Vixen is stuck in an alternate dimension thanks to an African trickster God by the name of Anansi. She decides to assemble the alternate world's version of the Justice League and with the alternate JLAers, takes the fight to Anansi, in his realm, which if I understood correctly is in Vixen's totem... I think... ANYWAY, Vixen forces Anansi to return the true JLA by threatening to destroy her totem. Anansi does as he is told, and the true JLA battles with their alternate counterparts, who Anansi has turned evil. Vixen and Anansi talk for a while, and Anansi reveals that he was testing Vixen the entire time, before sending her and the JLA back to their restored reality.

Hmph... I guess for me, reading this comic was like taking a trip to the dentist. You dread going, but it's not as bad as you think it's going to be. That's not to say that this comic wasn't sucktacular, but I was expecting a lot worse. The alternate JLA was barely involved, which was kind of strange, since they were featured so prominently on the cover, and put over so strongly last issue. I'm sure I missed the main point to this entire storyline, because, to me this whole story was kind of pointless. Vixen and Anansi have a nice little discussion while the 2 JLA's are battling, and then everything is suddenly back to normal? What? Huh? Why? Anyway, like I said earlier, I'm glad this storyline is over. For a score, I'll go with a 3 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment