Sunday, November 30, 2008

Nightwing #107

Overall- This comic book details Dick Grayson becoming hooked up with some old school "Godfather" mafia types... Yeah, sure, why not... Anyway, Dick, who is still on crutches after being shot in the leg during "War Games", goes with 2 of the mafia guys to some punk's house. The mafia guys send Dick into the house, and Dick begins to beat the hell out of the punk. Unfortunately, the punk has a girlfriend, who has a little girl in the next room. Hearing the commotion, the little girl enters the room, and tries to help the punk.

The 2 mafia guys have also entered the room by this point, and one of the mafia guys pulls the woman and little girl out of the room. The other mafia guy helps Dick up and begins to rush him out of the house. As Dick is leaving the house, he hears a single gunshot fired inside. Dick fears that the mafia guy inside shot the kid and begins to protest. Dick looks back at a window and is relieved to see the little girl and her mother standing by the window. After arriving back at the home of the mafia guys, we find out that the guy shot the punk's computer to destroy the files that he thought were stored on it. HA HA HA HA Ugh...

Oh... Why do I torture myself by reading these comics? Why??? Because you brought them that's why! Yeah, I guess that's right. Well, it seems that Devin Grayson(series writer)is back to her old tricks again with this issue. I don't know how many times I said "Why is this happening?" while I read this comic, but trust me it was a lot! Why is Dick working with some stereotypical mobsters? Why is he living with one of them? Why is he breaking into some guy's house for them? Why is Dick still on crutches? Why, why, WHY???

Maybe come the next issue, some of my many questions will be answered. Probably not, but I can still dream, right? For a score, I'll go with a 5 out of 10. This comic could have been worse. Trust me, I've seen it A LOT worse. So, although this issue made no sense what so ever, I am at least comforted by the fact that I wasn't screaming obscenities after I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment