Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Kingdom Come TPB, Collecting Kingdom Come #1-4

Overall- I think for the first time since I've started this blog, I am almost speechless. I had my doubts before I read this mini-series, so many people had said so many good things about it, I figured there was absolutely no way this series could possibly live up to that hype. I was sure wrong about that!

Before I go any further, I'm just going to give my score for this series right now, just to get that out of the way. This series easily deserves a full 10 out of 10 from me. All in all, this series encompassed 212 pages, so I'm not even going to try to review what I just read, because there is no way I can possibly do this book any justice. Kingdom Come was an incredible read. If you haven't ever read it, then read it!

I'll probably digest what I just read, and sometime soon, maybe during my winter break from college(which is a full month!), I'll give this book another read and try to organize my thoughts well enough to write down something resembling a review for this book on my blog. The entire dynamic of this comic was practically perfect. From Wonder Woman's hawkish behavior, to Batman's stand-offish attitude, to poor Superman striving in vain to try to do the right thing in a world gone completely to hell. Lex Luthor was still a conniving SOB, and the dialogue between Norman McCay and the Spectre was truly inspired.

Mark Waid and Alex Ross truly crafted a masterpiece here, which although being 12 years old, was not diminished in the least with age. This book is a classic that I think will be able to always stand the test of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment