Thursday, December 4, 2008

Nightwing #121

Wow, I can't believe it, I'm only about 29 issues away from being completely up to date with my Nightwing reading! It's only taken me about 3 MONTHS!!!

Overall- Jason gets himself captured by Jakob, who "eats" him, and vomits him out, trapping Jason in a weird embryonic sack that only has 24 hours of oxygen in it. Poor crazy Jason... Back with Dick, it appears that he once again spent the night with Cheyenne, but the two get into a fight when Dick tries to push her into becoming a super hero. Apparently, in the past, Cheyenne had a pretty bad experience with her powers, and refuses to use them to fight anymore. Dick decides to be pushy about the matter, and destroys half his apartment during the fight. Eventually Cheyenne stops fighting, and leaves.

The Pierce twins put posters up all over NYC, showing Jason trapped in the embryo in an attempt to draw Dick into their trap. Dick goes to Clancy, the resident psychiatrist in his life, and asks her what he should do about Jason... You're a hero Dick, you should go and save Jason, even if you don't want to. My God, was Dick really trained by Batman??? Clancy talks Dick into doing the right thing, which is to save Jason, even if Dick doesn't agree with Jason's brutal style of crime fighting.

After some sleuthing, Dick discovers the hideout of the Pierce twins. Before he can enter the building though, Cheyenne appears, dressed in a pretty low cut version of Nightwing's costume, offering to help. Before Dick can turn her down, Jakob arrives on the scene, and invites the two Nightwings inside. The 3 enter, and Jakob transforms into his monster form and attacks the Nightwings. Jakob shrugs off all the attacks the Nightwings throw at him, and "eats" Cheyenne. Unfortunately for Jakob, he isn't invulnerable on the inside, and Cheyenne uses her electric blasts to cause Jakob to explode from the inside out. With Jakob out of the way, the two heroes try to figure out a way to free Jason, but before they can, they are surrounded by the Pierce twins.

You know what, I really liked this issue. It was a good quick read, and I am looking forward to reading the final part of this storyline. I'm still not overly pleased that Cheyenne knows Dick's secret identity, but it's not like she's an unbearable character, like some women in Dick's life(cough-cough-Tarantula-cough), so I can tolerate her. For a score, I'll go with a 7 1/2 out of 10. I don't really know why I'm enjoying this storyline so much, but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment