Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Batman #682

Overall- This comic was a direct crossover with Final Crisis, but I failed to realize that until near the very end of this issue. Most of this comic is a recollection of Bruce's early days as Batman. I'm going to be quite blunt before I continue with this review, and state that I had little idea as to what was going on in this comic, but regardless, I still enjoyed this issue greatly.

Grant Morrison is one of those rare writers who even when I don't fully understand his work, I thoroughly enjoy it. Anyway, getting back to the story, we are reliving Batman's past, mainly through Alfred's eyes, but some things seem to be just a bit off. Towards the end of the issue, Batman begins to pick up on these strange occurrences, and we see a laboratory where a telepathic creature called the Lump is going through Batman's mind in an attempt to understand his unique courage and willpower, so Darkseid's minions can clone an army of Batmen. If you think about it, an army of exact duplicates of Batman would be literally impossible to stop, due to his strength of will, intelligence and all of his other intangibles.

Like I said earlier in this review, I was lost for a lot of this issue, but still I really enjoyed it... Go figure. For a score, I'm going to give this issue a 8 1/2 out of 10. Now, onto the next issue to see if that clears things up a little bit more for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment