Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dark Reign: New Nation #1

Sometimes I really hate the powers that be over at Marvel. This is one of those occasions. This comic book, which I paid $3.99 for is nothing but 5 previews for 5 new Marvel series debuting soon. The best thing about the situation, is that three of these previews were the exact same previews Marvel stuck in the back of Secret Invasion: Dark Reign #1! So basically,I paid $4 for two 5 page stories!!!! I hate you Joe Quesada!

Overall- I'm only going to check out the two new previews in this book. If you really want to know what I think of Secret Warriors, Agents of Atlas or War Machine, click the link I provided above, because there is no way in hell I'm going to re-read previews of comics I just read last night!

The first new preview was for the new ongoing Skrull Kill Krew series... Quite frankly, I'm shocked that Marvel is even going to attempt to make the Skrull Kill Krew into a series. I can't imagine that this series will last 12 issues. Since I haven't read Avengers: The Initiative #19 yet, I'm going to have to skip this preview, since I don't want to spoil what happens in A:TI #19 for myself.

So, the only thing I can review is New Avengers: The Reunion, which I just might possibly enjoy, since it contains two of my favorite characters. After reading this preview, all I can say is what the F### is going on here??? Bobbi Morse-Barton died, period. She died. She died. I can't state it any more clearly than that. Not only did she die, but the Skrulls had absolutely nothing to do with her death. During this comic, Bobbi confirms her blood and Clint's blood as the real deal, meaning that they are both who they say they are, Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse. For some reason, Bobbi keeps having weird flashes where she'll see stuff in red, and the people around her will look like Skrulls. Out of all of the previews in this comic book, the only one I plan on picking up will be this one, New Avengers: The Reunion. I've stated before that Clint Barton and Bobbi Morse are two of my favorite characters, so, I'll give this comic a chance when it comes out. As for the other 4 previews in this comic, I don't think so.

I really can't score this comic, since nothing really happened here, but just since I'm pissed off that I wasted $4 on this crap, I'm going to score this a 0 out of 10. That at least makes me feel a little better.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. First of all, nothing pisses me off more than when I pick up a book and it's contribution to the Marvel Universe, or continuity in general, is virtually zip. Then, this new policy of charging $3.99 for all the "special" books is insane. You don't get anything extra, except sometimes some reprints, and there's nothing "special" about it, except that it's seperate from a regular title. I know that the $3.99 price point is going to be the norm soon, but . . it definitely seems like they're taking advantage of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still feel burned that Marvel tricked me into buying a glorified preview comic for $4. I could have used that money for much better things than reading a bunch of previews that I really have no intention of collecting. Hell, if I wanted to read previews, I'd buy "Wizard" magazine!

    ReplyDelete