Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quick thoughts on Titans #9

I'm just going to throw some thoughts out on this comic, and skip the actual review. Over the past few days, I've been reading way more comics than I've been posting, so I'm going to try to catch up on my blogging by not writing a full review.

Overall- In this issue we find out that Jericho's problem lays in the fact that when he jumps into someones body, he is actually keeping a portion of their personality in himself. In other words, all of the bad guys Jericho has possessed over the years are trying to force him to act in evil ways.

I actually LOVED this explanation of Jericho's current evil actions, because Judd Winick(writer)actually gave us a reason to still stay sympathetic to Jericho, even though his actions have been villainous. I like Jericho, I always did, and I'm glad to see that Judd actually gave Jericho a reason for being evil besides the old, "He's Deathstroke's son, THAT'S why he's evil." excuse.

So, next issue looks like a battle between the Titans and the Justice League, who are coming to arrest Jericho. That should be a pretty entertaining battle if done right, since a few Titans are also active members of the JLA. For a score, I'll give this issue a 8 1/2 out of 10. I really enjoyed this comic and am looking forward to the next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment