Sunday, February 15, 2009

Super Quick Review of Fantastic Four #558-563

Honestly, I should be asleep right now, but I just finished up reading the last few months of the Fantastic Four, and I just wanted to say, while it was still fresh on my mind, Mark Millar did an awesome job on these comics. Jeez, I don't know why I didn't get around to these comics sooner!

The story was kind of long and complicated, and to be honest with you, I really do have to get to sleep, school tomorrow morning and all, but basically, these issues chronicled a team called the New Defenders from the distant future who decided to try to transplant the 8 billion people from their dying Earth to our current Earth. Their leader was the Invisible Woman(she looked DAMN good for a woman pushing 500)and of course Wolverine was a member of the New Defenders. That had me laughing out loud... Even 500 years from now, Wolverine is STILL in every single Marvel Comic! Now that's staying power!

Anyway, the Reed figures out a plan and the 8 billion people from the future get transplanted to a place called Nu-Earth(I think, it's been months since I read the comics where Nu-Earth(?)was introduced). Everything looks great, until Dr. Doom, who had been kidnapped by the future New Defenders to power their time machine murders the future Invisible Woman for having the audacity to capture and use him.

Doom gets arrested and Reed fights to have Doom remain imprisoned, as opposed to executed for his crimes. Doom then makes cryptic references to his master(DOOM has a master?!?!)and tells Reed that he'll be free in no time.

These were really good comic books. I missed some stuff, like the Thing proposing to his girlfriend, Valeria revealing she's super intelligent, among other things, but I've really got to hit the hay! Anyway, tomorrow, I'll read and review the most current issue of the FF, which would be #563. Score-wise, I'd have given these issues a score of around 8 1/2 or 9 out of 10. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed these comics. Bravo Mr. Millar, you're making the FF seem relevant again, and for that I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment