Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just some random complaints.

I just figured I'd post a few complaints tonight. Why am I complaining you might ask? The simple answer is, Daylight Savings. I'm sure there is a reason for Daylight Savings. I know I learned about it in school way back when. It has something to do with farmers right? Anyway, one of my favorite pastimes is sleeping. Yes, I know that's kind of pathetic, but I really enjoy sleeping. While at my last job, I had to get up at 4:30-5:00am to catch the bus at 5:15-5:30am. To cope with waking up at that ungodly hour, I'd be in bed by 8:30pm. I'll say this much about going to sleep at 8:30, it's a great way to save money! You might have no life, but you save money! This whole spring forward, and lose an hour of sleep crap really bothers me. I'm just saying.

Speaking about things that bothered me, this week's episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold also really bugged me. First of all, Cartoon Network put it on at 8:30 instead of 8:00 like they advertised. If you say the show is on at 8, put it on at 8, not 8:30! Anyway, besides that slight annoyance, this week's show featured Batman teaming up with the Joker... Yes, that's right, the frigging Joker. Now, I understand that the cartoon Joker hadn't beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar, or crippled Barbara Gordon, but still, the cartoon establishes(through a series of flashbacks)that the Joker is a real bad guy. I'm sorry, but Batman and the Joker teaming up is a big no-no for me. On top of the idiotic idea of a Batman-Joker team-up, the voice acting for the Joker was just horrible! I could swear that Joker was speaking with a slight British accent. In my mind, the Joker will always sound like he did in the Batman: The Animated Series. THAT is how the Joker should sound. Not like a high-society snob. This episode just totally fell flat for me.

While I'm in full out complaint mode, allow me to express my shock at the price of this month's New Avengers comic. I kind of touched on it at the end of my review for New Avengers #50(which you can read here if you want), but the cover price for that comic was $4.99! Damn, when I first started collecting comics, I could buy 3 comics for that price and still have 50 cents left over to buy a candy bar! I understand that prices rise over time, etc, etc, but jeez, $5 for a 48 page comic book is kind of crazy Marvel. The price didn't effect me since I get New Avengers in the mail through Marvel's subscription service, but I can't imagine anyone except for the most ardent BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS fans shelling out $5 bucks for that comic.

OK, so what did we learn from this post? I hate Daylight Savings, this week's Batman:tBatB sucked, and the people running Marvel Comics are insane. You know, this was probably one of the strangest posts I've ever published... It really served no purpose. If you actually managed to read this entire post, then all I can say is good for you, I don't know how you did it, but I appreciate it! And now just to end this post in the most bizarre way possible, LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment