Sunday, March 22, 2009

Titans #11

Overall- For starters, this comic is written by Sean McKeever, instead of usual series writer, Judd Winick. Besides that fact, I really don't have much else to say about this comic book... With the exception of the reveal at the end, this issue was kind of like a "day in the life of the Titans" story.

Basically, we follow each member of the team around and watch how they interact with each other. Roy picks up women and acts emotionally distant, Kory is STILL pining after Nightwing, Cyborg is working tirelessly trying to find Jericho(or so it seems...), Raven shoots down Beast Boy once again, telling him the kiss they shared in an earlier issue was completely meaningless, Wally spends the day with his wife and kids, and Donna is the glue trying to hold it all together. The issue concludes with us discovering that Cyborg was spying on the Teen Titans the whole time he was supposedly searching for Jericho. Apparently, Jericho somehow took refuge in Cyborg's body after the events of the last issue and has been keeping tabs on his teammates as well as the younger generation of Titans.

That's pretty much all I have to add here... I have no witty comments or anything like that to say about this comic. This comic book left me feeling totally apathetic. The reveal at the end was necessary for the upcoming "Deathtrap" crossover, but this particular comic left me feeling pretty empty... It's kind of weird, usually I'll either like or dislike a comic, but in this case, I just didn't care at all about this issue one way or the other... I guess that's better than hating this issue right? For a score, I'll go right down the middle and give this issue a 5 out of 10 and move on to my next comic book.

No comments:

Post a Comment