Friday, April 10, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Azrael: Death's Dark Knight #1(of 3)

Overall- OK, so I was intended on writing a review for this new Azrael comic book. But, there's a problem... I didn't understand a single thing that happened in this comic book. I really mean that too... Maybe it was me. Maybe I didn't read this comic the right way or something... I can't even give a real review here, because like I said, I didn't understand anything from page 1 to the last page... I guess I'll post what I can and be done with this comic book.

So, there's a new Azrael going around killing people in God's name. This Azrael isn't Jean Paul Valley, the guy who used to be known as Azrael. He's dead(don't ask me how). A weird cult of Azrael(or something similar)has been apparently recruiting guys to fill the Azrael role for centuries now, but filling the role comes at some kind of price, we don't know what the price is, because the cultist are of course overly vague. Off-panel, the cultist somehow get the Azrael armor and sword away from Azrael(?)and offer it to a former cop who has basically lost everybody near and dear to him. The cop puts on the armor(?)and he fights some guys for some reason, and umm, that's about it I think...

Yeah, I was absolutely, positively, completely and totally lost here... I really can't think of anything else to say... This comic was a total mystery to me. For a score, I'm going to give this book a 1 out of 10, which is one of the lowest scores I've ever given out. I guess the artwork was OK... That's pretty much the best thing I can say... I'll buy the next issue, but only to see if it helps make any sense of this issue. Boy, this was bad, really bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment