Monday, May 25, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum #1

This is going to be another very quick review. This comic was written by David Hine, who was responsible for the very underrated and very good "District X" series.

-This issue follows Dr. Arkham as he returns to the scene of the destroyed Arkham Asylum. Dr. Arkham wanders the hallways, thinks about the lunatics who were once held there, and ultimately makes his way down to the bowels of the building, where the weirdest of the inmates were being held. Arkham discovers that a few of these inmates were still down there and he decides to help them out while rebuilding Arkham Asylum.

I have to admit that I did enjoy this comic. It was a strange little offbeat tale that revolved around characters that I had never heard about before. It was nice to read something written by David, he's one of those writers who if given a chance could outshine many of the "big name" comic writers out there today. I'll give this comic a score of 8 out of 10. All in all, I'd recommend this comic, it was better than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment