Thursday, May 7, 2009

Justice League of America #32

I absolutely loved the last issue of this series. Hopefully, Dwayne McDuffie can keep up the good work in this issue.

-This comic opens with Superman trying to convince Black Canary to reopen her branch of the Justice League. Canary refuses, still angry about Hal and Ollie forming their own splinter group of the team.

-John Stewart, Zatanna, Vixen, Firestorm, and Dr. Light refuse to disband and meet to discuss what they should do.

-They decide to continue to act as a branch of the Justice League, but they also leave the leadership position open in the hope that Canary will return to lead them.

-Dr. Light and Firestorm head to prison to meet with the Shadow Thief in order to discover how he managed to increase his powers. Shadow Thief manages to get loose during his interrogation and wipes the floor with Light and Firestorm.

-Shadow Thief then summons Starbreaker who drains some of Light's powers to feed himself. The rest of the League arrive, but are unable to halt Starbreaker and Shadow Thief's escape.

-Dr. Light tries to follow the villains, but gets trapped in the Shadow Space.

Oh well, I guess last issue was an aberration, because this issue was as lousy as the past couple of JLA comics have been. First off, with the exception of John and Zatanna, I really don't like the rest of this team. They REALLY need some new members, and I have a feeling Dwayne is going to fill out the roster of this team with some of those Shadow Cabinet guys. I hope not, but I'd be willing to bet good money that's what winds up happening.

I actually liked the villains in this comic more than the heroes, which isn't really a good sign. Starbreaker has potential to be a major menace for the League, especially with their current underpowered roster. With how bad this series has been for the most part, I have to admit that I am anxiously awaiting the first issue of Hal's version of the League to come out. For a score, I'll give this comic a 4 1/2 out of 10. I have a sinking feeling the worst is yet to come in this series...

No comments:

Post a Comment