Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quick thought on Terror Titans #1-6

Well, I finally got around to reading the Terror Titans mini-series that DC put out earlier this year, and I have to say it was pretty good, much better then I expected actually. This series was written by Sean McKeever and starred Ravager, Deathstroke the Terminator's daughter. As I read through this mini, I realized what the Teen Titans comic was missing the most was Ravager. She is the straw that stirs the drink. I think my problem with the Teen Titans title right now is the fact that all of the characters in that book are just too vanilla and plain. Ravager would help that title out big time by adding some personality to the mix.

Anyway, Terror Titans was basically about the Darkside Club kidnapping teenage meta-humans and forcing them to battle each other while drugged out of their minds for the amusement of rich spectators. The Clock King takes control of the club and makes the captured kids into his own personal army. Ravager shows up for some reason... Honestly, I was kind of foggy as to why Ravager was there. I guess she was there to take down the club, but there were times when she seemed to be assisting Clock King by training the Terror Titans, and other times she would fight in the Darkside Club itself. Ravager's motivations here really could have been explained a little better.

In the end though, Ravager did take down the Clock King, and with the help of Miss Martian, who was undercover in the club, Ravager managed to free all of the captured kids. The Terror Titans themselves managed to escape, presumably to torment the Teen Titans over in their title somewhere down the road. For an overall score for all six issues, I'll go with an 8 out of 10. If nothing else, Terror Titans proved to me once again that Ravager should definitely be a member of the Teen Titans.

No comments:

Post a Comment