Thursday, May 7, 2009

Runaways #7

This is one of those series that I've been collecting for a long time and although the quality has really fallen off, I just can't bring myself to drop the title.

-The main storyline here is that Chase is working for a radio shock jock in LA who is apparently fond of black magic. Chase, being an idiot, naturally doesn't realize this fact even though the shock jock and his magical crony wind up transforming a secretary at the office Chase is working at into a zombie. The evil shock jock intends on playing a song over the radio that will transform any listeners who have had any cosmetic procedure done(and in LA, I'd guess that's a lot!)into mindless zombies. I'm not exactly sure WHY the shock jock wants to do that, but whatever.

-Besides that, nothing really happened in this comic. The other kids foiled a hostage taker, and that was pretty much it.

Yep, that's the whole review. Like I said nothing really happened. I really miss the days when Brian K Vaughn was writing this series. This series has really been hurting since Joss Whedon's ill-fated run. On top of that, I'm not really fond of the manga style of artwork used by Takeshi Miyazawa. Everything looks too cartoony and most of the guys look way too feminine. For a score, I guess I'll give this comic a 4 out of 10. I understand that this was the first part of a new storyarc, but for me there was just way to much set-up work going on here, and not enough story.

No comments:

Post a Comment