Monday, June 1, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Azrael: Death's Dark Knight #2(of 3)

After reading Fantastic Four #566, I'm in such a foul mood that I figure I'll give this comic a read. I think I gave the first issue of this series something like a score of 1 out of 10, so this should be VERY ugly. For the record, this is written by Fabian Nicieza, who for the most part I am a fan of. Hopefully last issue was some sort of aberration.

-We begin this issue with Talia Al Ghul and her assassins attempting to remove the Suit of Sorrows from the new Azrael. Azrael fights back and Talia decides to try to talk instead. Talia tells Azrael that the Suit is hers(well it was before she gave it to Bats)and that it causes insanity in the wearer. She then tells Azrael that she wants to give it to her son. Azrael listens to all of this before taking off to confirm what Talia told him.

-Azrael heads back to the people who gave him the Suit and they tell him that the last guy who wore the suit did indeed go crazy, but that the last guy wasn't prepared properly to wear the Suit. After hearing that, Azreal leaves.

-This comic ends with Azrael strolling into the Batcave(how does he know about that?)and running into Nightwing, who thinks this Azrael is the same one who killed a cop(it was actually the previous, crazy Azrael).

Well, that wasn't very good, but it was definitely better than the last issue. I really don't care about this storyline, or these characters at all, so I really don't have much to say here. I was hoping this Azrael was the original one, but he's just some cheap knockoff. For a score, I'll give this comic a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment