Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Battle for the Cowl: Azrael: Death's Dark Knight #3(of 3)

This should be fairly brief, due to the fact that I really don't care about this comic. The only reason I'm bothering to read it is because I've read the first 2 issues and once I start something I have to finish it, no matter how bad it may be. This issue is written by Fabian Nicieza, who I know can do better than what I've read thus far in this mini-series.

-We open this issue with Nightwing and Azrael battling in the Batcave. During the battle, Azrael convinces Dick that he wasn't the same Azrael who killed a cop a while back, and the two stop fighting. The two talk some more and Dick knocks out Azrael with an electric jolt. That tricky Dick! Dick then proceeds to inject Azrael with some kind of drugs that selectively erases Azrael's memory of the location of the Batcave and other Bat-related information... How convenient.

-Dick heads to Talia's penthouse and tells her to leave the new Azrael alone. Talia tells Dick she wants the Suit of Sorrows back, but Dick tells her that the Suit now belongs to Azrael, and that if Talia makes a move to repossess it she'll have to deal with Dick. Talia decides to leave the Suit alone, and Dick leaves.

-Azrael wakes up the next day in his apartment and discovers the Suit, along with a note telling him that for now the Suit was his, but if he screwed up it would be taken from him. After that, some other unimportant junk happens, and this issue ends.

This wasn't a horrible comic book, but I just never really connected with this new Azrael. I was hoping that that the former Azrael would've made an appearance, but that never transpired. In case anybody cares, a new Azrael monthly book is going to spring out of this mini-series come the Fall. I can say right now that I won't be buying that comic. For a score, I'll give this issue a 5 1/2 out of 10. This mini definitely got better with each passing issue, but like I said earlier, I just never connected with the new Azrael.

No comments:

Post a Comment