Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Avengers: The Reunion #4(of 4)

This is the last part of the mini-series starring my favorite Avengers married couple(or I guess ex-married couple now)Mockingbird and Hawkeye... Oops, I mean Ronin*rolls eyes*. DAMN that BENDIS!!! Anyway, this comic is written by Jim McCann.

-We open this comic with a showdown between Mockingbird and Monica Rappaccini(who just happens to be one of the MANY leaders of AIM). Monica offers Bobbi a spot in AIM, Bobbi turns her down and the two women fight. Bobbi manages to defeat Monica, but Monica teleports away before Bobbi can take her into custody.

-While the two women are fighting above, Clint(I REFUSE to call him Ronin!!!)regains consciousness in the hole he was blasted into at the end of the last issue. Clint wanders around the bowels of the palace, disarming small bombs as he goes. Eventually Clint makes his way to the surface and meets up with Bobbi inside the palace, where she was evacuating the scientists who were stuck inside.

-A whole load of AIM agents attack Bobbi and Clint while Monica makes her way over to the main bomb in order to set it off manually. Clint and Bobbi defeat the cannon-fodder and Clint manages to hit Monica's belt with an arrow, sending her away to who-knows-where.

-With all of the AIM bozos out of the way, Clint manages to disarm the bomb with a liquid nitrogen arrow. After finally thwarting AIM, Clint and Bobbi head back to their old home, the West Coast Avengers compound. After talking to each other for a while, Bobbi realizes that she does still have feelings for Clint and the two(FINALLY!!!)share a passionate kiss. From there they decide to give their relationship another shot and this comic ends with Clint and Bobbi going after an Eastern European dictator... Together.

The first half of this comic really didn't do much for me, but the second half was extremely good. I've already stated(several times)how much I enjoyed the old West Coast Avengers comics, and when Clint and Bobbi headed back to the compound, I was smiling from ear to ear. The kiss between Clint and Bobbi was the perfect payoff to this mini-series. Clint has always been my favorite Avenger(my favorite Avenger not named Steve Rogers that is)and I've always loved the dynamic between him and Bobbi, so to say I'm happy the two of them are back together again is an understatement. For a score, I'll give this comic a 7 1/2 out of 10, and that's mainly due to the stuff that happened after the fight with AIM. If you were a fan of the WCA like I was, then I'd definitely recommend this comic to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment