Thursday, June 4, 2009

X-Men Legacy #217

This is written by Mike Carey, and is the second part of the "Original Sin" storyline. Since I'm not really overly fond of this series, this is going to be very quick.

-Shaw and Mr. Sinister... Oops, I mean MISS Sinister... Have taken Wolverine's son Daken in, and are trying to unearth some of his buried memories. Oh, and Daken and Sinister make out, which makes me want to retch my lungs up...

-Wolvie and Xavier are hunting for Daken in order to save him from Shaw or some such drivel. To that end, Wolvie sneaks into the Hellfire Club and runs into the Inner Circle. One of the IC members looks curiously like the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz, telling me that the Inner Circle is REALLY hurting for new members. Besides that, Xavier fainted... A lot.

WHY OH WHY IS SINISTER A WOMAN NOW!!! WHY!?! Ugh. First Loki now this! That's actually why I stopped reading this series. Because of Sinister's sudden(and wholly unnecessary)sex change. If Mike Carey wanted a female telepath who was a villain why the hell didn't he just CREATE one??? Would that have been too hard or something??? Jeez, with the way EVERYBODY has been rewriting X-Men history lately, Mike could have just brought in a "mysterious" villain from Xaivier's past to fill Girl Sinister's role. THIS is exactly why Marvel never should have did the whole idiotic "No More Mutants" crap at the end of the House of M. Thanks to that absurd idea, it's WAY harder to introduce new mutant characters to either join or battle the X-Men. Great idea there Joe Quesada... Idiot... Well, now that I've gotten that off of my chest, I'll give this comic a score of 5 out of 10 and move on to the next comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment