Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Quick look at: Justice League of America #34

Basically everything I said about the last issue applies here once again. The writer is Dwayne McDuffie.

-The JLAers, along with Hardwire, Icon and an alternate version of Bruce Wayne battle the deadly menace of the Starbreaker and his lackey Shadow Thief.

-The battle concludes with alternate Bruce blowing Starbreaker's brains out with a special gun.

-This issue ends with Dharma(who recovered from his wounds due to Zatanna)explaining to Icon and Superman(who was slumming here for some reason)that the Milestone Universe and the DC Universe have been combined thanks to Darkseid's actions during Final Crisis. That's pretty much it.

Once again, meh. I guess if you were a fan of Milestone Comics back in the day this series rocked for you. Since I had never even heard of Milestone until a couple of months ago, the last few issues have meant absolutely nothing to me. I don't care about a single character from Milestone, although to be fair, I guess Icon has some potential. I buy the Justice League of America because I want to read stories ABOUT members of the Justice League of America! That makes sense, no? For a score, I'll give this comic a 4 1/2 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment