Thursday, August 27, 2009

Batman: Arkham Asylum!

My copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum arrived today, which is actually a day earlier then I expected, not that I'm complaining! I was only able to play for about 15 minutes, which mainly consisted of the opening(and awesome)cutscene which detailed Batman bringing Joker into Arkham Asylum and Joker subsequently escaping, trapping Batman in the Asylum, leaving the hero surrounded by all of his worst enemies.

Right off the bat let me emphatically state that the voice acting is GREAT! Kevin Conroy(Batman), Mark Hamill(Joker), and Arleen Sorkin(Harley Quinn)all reprise their roles from the old "Batman: The Animated Series" cartoon, which is just so cool. Mark Hamill's Joker is especially well done, his lines and delivery had me laughing out loud at times! Paul Dini co-writes the story, which helps give the game an authentic, Batman feel to it.

Since I own a Playstation 3, I also get the added benefit of getting to play as the Clown Prince of Crime himself(Ha, take that X-Box fanboys!), but I probably won't play as the Joker until after I've defeated the game as Batman. I doubt I'll be able to get much game time in tomorrow(damn school!), but Friday is my lightest day schoolwise, so I should be glued to my controller for all of Friday afternoon as well as most of the weekend! I'll end this by posting a scan from the mini-comic that came bundled with the game. The mini-comic pretty much gives the story of everything that led up to Joker's masterplan in Arkham.

No comments:

Post a Comment