Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Quick Look at Dark Avengers #9

Writer: BENDIS. Art: Mike Deodato.

What Happened: Ares follows his son and discovers that he is working with Nick Fury's Secret Warriors. Ares confesses to Fury that he doesn't know how to relate to his kid and that he also knows that if he kills Fury and the rest of the Warriors, his kid would never forgive him. After some deliberation, Ares decides to leave his son in the custody of Fury and the Warriors, but he warns Fury that if anything happens to his son, Zeus himself would punish Fury. Besides that, Osborn has locked himself in the basement of Avengers Tower and the Sentry's wife blasts Sentry in the face with a gun given to her by Marvel Boy.

What I thought: Nothing. That's what I think. I don't care about this series. If I wasn't subscribed to it I wouldn't even be reading it. Sorry, but that's all I've got to say about this issue.

Score: 6 out of 10.How--how can I tell this comic was written by--by BENDIS? Be--Because everybody has a sp--speech impediment.

4 comments:

  1. I thought this was a really good issue man, wheres your heart dude? did you not feel for ares and the boy? Art was awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this comic was OK, but I'm just not really invested in Ares or his kid. I honestly don't care about Ares at all. The guy's been on various Avengers teams for over 2 years now and this is the first time BENDIS actually bothered to try to do some character development with him... Too little, too late I say. The only characters in Dark Avengers I really care about are Daken, Marvel Boy and Moonstone.

    Yeah, I'll definitely agree with you on the art though, Mike did a fine job here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. X-Man, why do you torment yourself so with all these Bendis books? You definitely suffer for your passions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great question Kello... I guess the simplest answer is the fact that I grew up reading(and enjoying)the Avengers, and I just don't want to quit on the team, no matter how bad things get. I won't let BENDIS force me off of something I've loved reading for years.

    It's the same thing with the x-books. I don't care what anybody says, the x-books have NEVER been worse then they are now, and I've suffered through the terrible late 90's stuff, as well as Chris Claremont's almost unbelievably bad mid-2000's Uncanny X-Men run. But, I'll always be an x-fan.

    I stick with these comics with the hope that one day either BENDIS will become a good writer again(believe it or not I used to be a huge fan of his work!)or he leaves the Avengers books and somebody with common sense takes over the franchise.

    ReplyDelete