Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Quick Look at New Avengers #56

Writer: The Dread Lord BENDIS! Pencils: Stuart Immonen.

What Happened: We start out with Mockingbird taking the fight to Chemistro, who managed to down the entire Avengers team last issue. Mock takes out Chemistro, but is defeated by the Wrecking Crew, who arrived after Chemistro's defeat. Clint(I refuse to call him Ronin)Barton attacks the Wrecker, but that goes as well as one would expect. By this time, Norman Osborn and his Dark Avengers arrive and Norman gets contacted by Dr. Harrow, who wants to cut deal with Osborn. When Osborn refuses, Harrow takes away the powers of Osborn and his team, leaving them at the mercy of about 10 c-list villains. Besides that, Loki gives the Asgardian Norn Stones to the Hood because... Well, I'm not sure why, but whatever I guess.

What I thought: Well, I've definitely read a lot worse from the Dread Lord, so that's a plus right there! With that said, this comic was still terrible, but at least it wasn't as mind-numbingly bad as some of the past issues have been. Do we really need 4 pages of dialogue between Osborn and Dr. Harrow? I mean come on, who really buys Harrow as a legitimate threat? Eh, I guess I should just be glad that I still have my sanity and leave it at that.

Score: 5 1/2 out of 10.Yep, this went on for another several pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment