Friday, October 2, 2009

Still going strong after 1 year!

Wow, so it's been one year... It was exactly one year ago today I began to foist my ill-informed and often times ludicrous opinions upon the world at large. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm literally shocked that I'm still as dedicated to this blog as I am. Usually I'll do something for 1, 2 months tops before I grow tired of it and move on to something else. So what's kept me here, making sure that I post something(anything)on a nightly basis, never missing a day? I really don't have to think all that much before I come up with the answer. The answer is actually pretty simple. I do this for you. If you're reading this post then you're the reason I continue to spend a good 1-3 hours every night blogging about comic books. I do it for the people who enjoy my words, I do it for the people who hate my reviews, I do this for everybody who has taken the time out of their busy lives to read one of my posts and leave me a comment. And for that, for taking time out of your life to read something this numskull wrote about a comic book, I want to say thank you. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to every night. Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting and thank you for putting up with me. Jeez, you'd think I just won the Academy Award or something with all those thank yous! I think that's enough kissing up to my readership for one night! See ya.

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always Robert, thanks for the kind words. They really mean a lot coming from a writer of your ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know I'm always checking your blog for new content Robert... Except for those Fanboy Foresights!!! I just can't bring myself to read them! :)

    Wait, does that last line mean, *fingers crossed* Crisis averted???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, a good crisis? And I have to wait until Monday?!? The suspense is going to kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats X, Your blog rules and thank you for all the awesome reviews and the posts over at the Pic site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're quite welcome Jason. To be honest, this blog has gone from being a bit of a chore to something I'll spend the whole day looking forward to doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats dude. Both your sites are wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the compliments Matt, much obliged.

    ReplyDelete
  11. X-Man, happy bloggerversary. Yes, I invented that word just now, and will never use it again, so consider it a gift.

    I'm blown away by the amount of reviews you unleash every week, despite your accounting homework and obvious love of Batman: Arkham Asylum. I know it isn't easy to beat all those challenges and read a plethora of comics, but somehow you manage to make it work together.

    I have to thank you not only for being my friend and sharing your opinions, but for saving a lot of readers the heartache of wasting money on bad comics. Your reviews often help me look at books I'd never buy and rethink my decision, and sometimes they make me breathe a sigh of relief for not getting the bad stuff I almost do buy.

    So keep on truckin X-man!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Bloggerversary"... I like it... I like it a lot! I swear that I will use the term bloggerversary somewhere again!

    Thanks for the compliments Kello, to be perfectly honest with you, if you wouldn't have commented here all those months ago on some Flash related post, I don't know if I'd still be doing this. The fact that there was at least 1 person other then me checking out this blog is what spurred me to continue pumping shoddy reviews out nightly. So as far as I'm concerned, the fact that this blog is still going is all your fault! :)

    ReplyDelete