Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Quick Look at Superman/Batman #65

Writers: Peter Johnson & Matt Cherniss. Artists: Brian Stelfreeze, Brian Haberlin, Kelley Jones, Joe Quinones, Federico Dallocchio... Wow, that's ALOT of artists for just one comic book!

What Happened: During a battle between Batman & Superman vs the terrible twosome of Joker and Lex Luthor, the Scarecrow gasses all four of the rivals with fear gas. From there each man falls asleep and is forced to live through their worst nightmares. Supes fears failing his friends and loved ones, Joker fears being laughed at, Lex Luthor fears becoming Jimmy Olson(HA! So do I!)and Batman fears murdering his parents. Scarecrow decides to bury all four adversaries in a graveyard, so that the world would never know what became of them, but just as Batman murders his father in his dream, he is jolted awake by the shock of it all. Bats pulls Superman out of his Kryptonite encased casket, and then goes after Scarecrow, forcing him to ingest his own fear gas. Supes and Bats arrest Lex and Joker while they're still coming to, and this issue ends with a glimpse of Scarecrow's nightmare, being the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

What I Thought: You know, I liked this issue. It was a stupid little Halloween story, but I definitely enjoyed it. Most of the nightmares were pretty well done(especially Bats and Lex's), so I can't complain about them, the art was acceptable and I've always been a fan of Scarecrow, so I'm always happy whenever he pops up. I do have to admit that Lex's Jimmy Olson nightmare had me laughing... I might have to say being Jimmy Olson is the ultimate nightmare! All in all this was a pretty good one and done comic that required no real thought process, and every now and then I enjoy that.

Score: 7 1/2 out of 10.If only the Daily Planet staff knew just how right they were!

No comments:

Post a Comment