Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Few Quick Thoughts on: Action Comics #883

Writers: Greg Rucka and Eric Trautmann. Artist: Pere Pèrez.

What I Thought: I've been really enjoying the past couple of issues of this series. In my worthless opinion, Greg Rucka has done a great job having Nightwing and Flamebird fill in for Superman here. With that said, I've got to say this particular issue didn't really do much for me. Since his initial appearances in the AWESOME Last Son storyline, I've been a fan of Chris Kent(Nightwing), but in this comic he really got under my skin... The way he was acting/talking here was a long way from the kid who sacrificed himself to take Gen. Zod back to the Phantom Zone, or who battled his insane mother at the Fortress of Solitude. He was acting more childish here then he ever did as a 7 year old. While Chris' antics bothered me a bit, I was glad that NW and FB have decided to rededicate themselves to their primary mission on Earth, hunting down Gen. Zod's sleeper agents. I'm also hoping that this storyline leads to Chris getting his abnormal growth spurts under control, because I don't know how interesting a comic book about an 80 year old superhero could possibly be...

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.Wow, where did Jimmy Olsen get the money to but himself such a sweet looking TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment