Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Few Quick Thoughts on: Dark Wolverine #80

Writers: Daniel Way and Marjorie Liu. Pencils: Stephen Segovia and Paco Diaz Luque.

What I Thought: This was another good issue of this series, although I wasn't as high on this one as I've been on the previous few issues. I'm still enjoying Daken's mind games with Osborn, and pretty much everybody else he came across in this comic. Daken played around with Osborn, Moses Magnum and his gang, and the world at large when he saved a baby right in front of some television cameras. Leave it to Daken to do what Osborn wanted done(fixing his tarnished image), but in his own way, not Osborn's. I was a bit let down by the way this comic ended, I've never really liked comics that had ambiguous endings, like this one did. So did Daken kill Emmy or not? I guess he did, but I'd have actually liked to have seen exactly what Daken decided to do in the final moments of this one. Other then that, no real complaints on my part, this was another solid Dark Wolverine.

Score: 7 1/2 out of 10.Yet another example of why Daken > Wolverine. Where as Wolvie at times is little more then a mindless berserker, Daken is cold and calculating, which makes for a much more interesting/satisfying read.

No comments:

Post a Comment