Friday, October 22, 2010

Bruce Wayne: The Road Home: Commissioner Gordon #1

Overall: We learn in this issue that somebody has leaked Vicki Vale's information to the Gotham underworld. Why is this a big deal? Because Vicki had been investigating the secret identities of the members of the Bat-family, as well as Batman's villains. Getting a hold of that information could be invaluable to a criminal trying to make a name for themselves in Gotham. Commissioner Gordon puts Vale under police protection, but when he goes to visit Vale, two super-powered goons strike, killing 4 of Gordon's men and leaving him, a rookie officer and Vale to fend the villains off. Gordon does an admirable job, especially considering he's trapped in a locked down building with super-powered foes, but he can only last for so long. Before the villains catch him though, the Insider(Bruce Wayne)swoops in and makes the save. After the goons are taken care of, Vicki manages to ditch her police protection, although we learn that is because the Insider asked Gordon to allow her to get free. The Insider tells Gordon that he promises nothing will happen to Vale, and Bruce and the Commish speak, with Gordon insinuating that he knows the Insider is Batman, and Bruce not really going out of his way to dissuade Gordon of that notion.

I hate to sound repetitive, but much like all of the other Road Home books, this was a good, solid issue. There's really not much more for me to say. It seems as if Bruce as the Insider is moving towards a head-on collision with Ra's Al Ghul, who leaked that Vicki was accumulating the Bat-information, and I have to say that I am quite happy about that. Other than that, I really don't have anything to say here that I haven't already said during a review for one of the other Road Home books, so I'll just move on.

Score: 7 1/2 out of 10.Awww... Those two guys really love each other.

2 comments:

  1. Bruce is totally showing Gordon how to "walk like an Egyptian" in that second to last pannel.

    (I think that reference is old enough for you, X. If not, at least I laughed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!! I didn't even catch that until I looked closer at the pic! That's hilarious! And yes, that reference was indeed old enough for me sadly...

    ReplyDelete