Friday, October 8, 2010

Freedom Fighters #2

Overall: The story here is two fold, with one part focusing on the Freedom Fighters and their battle against ancient, evil, magical gods and the other half dealing with the Vice President of the United States, who has been kidnapped. The Freedom Fighters story is pretty simplistic, it's basically the evil gods battering the Fighters all over the place and killing the leader of the Fighters, Uncle Sam. The Vice President's story is a bit weirder, as she has been kidnapped and beaten by some guy who looks like he fell out of the 1700's.

I can't say I didn't like this story, but I really didn't enjoy it either. It was just sort of there. First off, I don't get what's up with DC and giant, evil, ancient gods lately... Didn't this very story JUST take place in JSA All Stars? Is it THAT hard to think up new menaces? Or have giant, evil, ancient gods replaced vampires and zombies as the new pop culture phenomenon? Will all of the girls be debating which ancient, evil god is hotter now? Will Marvel make dozens of mini-series about brain-eating ancient, evil gods?? I don't know, but I sure hope not... I just added this series to my pull list at my local comic book shop(mainly because Ray is in it and I'm a huge Ray fan), but come on, can I PLEASE see the team fighting some real super-villains?

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.Huh, would you believe that I wore that EXACT outfit to school today?

2 comments:

  1. There's not much I can say about this other than I can't believe this is what they have for the opening arc. I want to like this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I want to like this book." My thoughts exactly, Kello. I was really looking forward to this series once I heard the Ray would be in it, but so far it's been a letdown. Granted it's only 2 issues old, but this is a pretty lame opening storyarc...

    ReplyDelete