Friday, November 5, 2010

Black Widow #6

Overall: This issue starts off by revealing that Black Widow wasn't shot in the head and killed at the end of the last issue. I know, I'm shocked too! A split second before Nick Crane(disgruntled journalist)managed to shoot BW in the head, she was able to knock him unconscious. Nick awakens tied to a bed with BW asking him who his source was in the story he was set to print which erroneously insinuated BW in the deaths of several high muck-a-mucks. Nick refuses to tell, and a bunch of armed goons break into the room and take both Nick and BW to a secret CIA base in Poland. It seems that BW had asked an old CIA friend of hers to stage the kidnapping in the hopes that Nick would feel closer to BW if they were both captives and reveal his source. Unfortunately for BW, the CIA agent betrays her to some unnamed party and prepares to torture both her and Nick. BW manages to escape the crooked CIA man and along with Nick finds an old ally who supplies the duo with new faces and identities. After all of this, Nick finally begins to trust BW and is about to reveal his source when Fantasma and the Crimson Dynamo attack.

Well, this was definitely a major step up from last issue, which I was only partial to. The story is coming together nicely, Natasha's plot and subsequent betrayal at the hands of the CIA agent was a good twist, and the cliffhanger left me interested in checking out the next issue. So while this comic wasn't mind-blowing or anything like that, it was a perfectly acceptable way to spend a few minutes.

Score: 7 1/2 out of 10.Huh, I'm sort of impressed that the Crimson Dynamo armor is still functional... Who knew old Soviet Union technology was so reliable?

2 comments:

  1. Alas!! I have finally managed to read BW #6. Lol, I loved this issue. With each issue, BW climbs her way to my top 3 list. Lol, Wonder Woman better watch out.

    I wouldn't disagree with your 7.5 rating one bit sir. There was a good twist and I'm definitely looking forward to the next issue.

    I swear they need to just make a Black Widow movie, with Scarlett Johansson of course!

    Thanks for the review. :) I know it's only me you and Kello that follow this comic. So I really, really appreciate it X. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you were finally able to read/enjoy this comic, Lisha. Marvel's been doing an awesome job with BW lately, so I'm with you, WW better watch out, because BW is def giving her some competition in the whole, best female comic book character category!

    No problemo, Lisha. Hopefully if we keep talking up how great this series is we'll be able to get a few more people reading this series!

    ReplyDelete