Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Comic Day! January 12th edition.

Hey all, after considering skipping my weekly trip to the comic book shop due to snow, I decided to bear the elements and make my way through the snowy streets to get my comic books. In other words, it IS time for this week's New Comic Day! Before we get into what I picked up earlier today, let's first take a look back and see how my predictions last week turned out... Last week I promised 11 new reviews and I managed to deliver 12, mainly thanks to a last minute Best of the Rest post. But hey, I did manage to surpass my prediction, so huzzah for me. Last week's Pick of the Litter was Avengers: The Children's Crusade #4, which as always, delivered the good. Last week's Runt of the Litter was Brightest Day #17, and quite frankly, I just haven't been able to bring myself around to reading it... I know I'm going to hate it, so why rush into reading it. Most likely I'll read it tonight or tomorrow just to get it over and done with.

Alright, that wraps up last week, let's get into this week's festivities. This week I came away with 13 comics. Amazing Spider-Man #651, Batgirl #17, Booster Gold #40, Captain America: The Korvac Saga #2, Captain America: Man Out of Time #3, Deadpool #31, Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #6, I Am An Avenger #5, Justice League: Generation Lost #17, Secret Six #29, Widowmaker #3, Wonder Girl #1 and Daredevil Reborn #1. So a pretty good mix of good, bad and meh books here, and I'll promise 13 reviews by this time next week. This week's Pick of the Litter is going to have to be Deadpool #31. I have been LOVING Daniel Way's work on this series, and the last issue was probably my favorite DP comic in QUITE some time, so here's hoping the awesomeness continues. This week's Runt of the Litter is Secret Six #29. I used to like this series, but man, I've been disappointed by like the last 15+ issues! Hopefully the Secret Six x-over with Action Comics will give this series the boost it desperately needs. That'll do it for this week, I've got some comic reviews to get started, so I'll drop the Random Scan of the Week and bust out the customary sign-off line... Until next time, X out!

The Random Scan of the Week!Um, why do the other Titans look so shocked? He's a regular, plain looking kid!

9 comments:

  1. Did you notice how Wally's hair looks brown in that scan? Maybe being Kid Flash turns you ginger. All I can guess from the heroes' reactions is that they think Robin is hot. I know at least Aqualad thinks it for sure.

    Out of the books you purchased, I ordered Batgirl and Generation Lost. I was going to get Spider-Man as well, but I missed last issue and I hate skipping ahead in a series.

    I'm shocked you bought Wonder Girl! Am I wrong in thinking you hate the character? I've got to check my X-Facts again...

    Looking forward to DD: Reborn review, because there's no way I'll bee buying that book! Happy reading X, I'll see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe being Kid Flash turns you ginger." HA!!! Could that be the answer to the question I've been trying to figure out? Could it really be that simple?! :D As for Aqualad, do you know something I don't, Kello? :P

    This is actually the first issue of Spidey I'll be reading since I ended the Great Spidey Embargo since Marvel split up Peter and MJ. I just couldn't ignore all of the good things people had been saying about Amazing anymore.

    I don't hate Cassie. That's Falisha. She HATES Cassie! I really don't care about her one way or the other, so I figured "What the hey, I'll give that comic a shot." I'll try to get that DD review up post-haste, Kello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re: red hair, let's just say "it's a speed force thing." There, now we have a general answer for any lingering Flash universe questions.

    Congratulations on the return to Spidey! There was one moment a few issues ago with him and MJ that made me super angry, but other than that it has been excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I love the whole, "It's a Speed Force thing" Although with the way the DCU is working now, doesn't that mean it's a Saint Barry thing, since he IS the Speed Force or something like that? :D

    Yeah, I'm hopping in mid-story, so I'm sure I'll be a bit lost, but I did the same thing with Iron Man a few months back, and it wasn't THAT bad. I'm def looking forward to starting my Spidey collection back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out the dedicated comic book reader!!! You should've recieved a free one for coming in such bad weather! lol. But glad you made it safely. I'll definitely be looking forward to reading your reviews on: Batgirl #17, Justice League: Generation Lost #17, Wonder Girl #1 (Yes I Know I hate Cassie with a passion, but I've seen a sneak peak at the art on Deviant art, that's the only reason I'm giving this a shot.) Lol. I almost put it back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I asked the comic shop owner how business was today and he told me I was only the second person there all day, and I got there at about 2-ish!

    I gotta say, Lisha, when JT told me you were thinking about picking up that WG comic, I near called him a liar! :P I just can't imagine you buying a WG comic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez two people!?! I would've closed up shop for that. Lol. Paid more in labor than actual sales.

    Lmao and you know X, I still don't know what I'm getting myself into with this WG. I'm scared to even look at it. I think I'll be waiting on your review before I crack it open. lol, better safe than sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you like Spidey, X. Needless to say, that's the one I'm most looking forward to hearing your thoughts on! I just got issue 650 in the mail a couple days ago and haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be going in to that Spdiey comic totally blind, so hopefully I'm not COMPLETELY lost! I'm hoping between Dan Slott's normally great writing, as well as that helpful intro page Marvel has(I WISH DC would do something like that!)I'll be able to hop in with relative ease.

    ReplyDelete