Sunday, November 13, 2011

Suicide Squad #3

Two more new DC reviews to blitz through and then it's time for me to post... well, I'm not sure what, but I'll be posting something. But that's Monday and Tuesday, let's take care of today first.

Suicide Squad #3:

What Happened: After a quick battle with Mad Dog and some of his goons, the Suicide Squad finally manage to get the baby they were told to acquire last issue to their higher ups. With Voltaic dead and Black Spider wounded, they are given two new members for their next job, somebody named Yo-Yo and Capt. Boomerang. This issue ends with Boomerang telling the Squad that Waller had placed him in charge and that she had given him the detonator for the bombs implanted in the neck's of the Squad members.

The Good: The story was good and brisk. I liked the little bits of character development we got with Black Spider and El Diablo. Deadshot possibly having the zombie virus is an interesting twist.

The Bad: Deadshot having sex with Harley Quinn?! UGH! I'm not exactly fond of Capt. Boomerang, but we'll see what happens with this version of Boomerang. I don't get why the team would leave King Shark behind and yet take Harley Quinn with them when they went shopping... She's rather conspicuous looking. You KNOW Yo-Yo is getting killed next!

The Verdict: Eh. This was another okay issue in a long line of them for me this week. There really wasn't anything special here that I'll remember come issue #4. Well, except for Deadshot and Harley Quinn going at it... That was frigging repulsive. This series is still on a short leash for me, but for now, it's safe for another issue.

Score: 6 1/2 out of 10.Gah! Horrible!!

8 comments:

  1. Dammit Waller I wanted to know that joke about clowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just glad that Waller interrupted that scene before it went any further... Deadshot and Harley going at it gives me nightmares! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was Waller saying, I don't recall that scene?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tengo ni idea, JT... I don't remember exactly what she said, all I recall is her interrupting that horrid scene, which I thank her for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the scan, lol. Well I'm sad to see the score. :( I gotta read it once JT returns it tomorrow. I'm finally caught up on the comic world can't wait to read this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this comic wasn't horrible or anything, Lisha... It was just... okay I guess. I'd think you'd like it. Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this video pretty much sums up this issue and my thoughts about the series so far in general and about what's been said about it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjPJSpovw0E&feature=youtube_gdata

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it goes without saying that you're loving this series post reboot, Dave? :P

    ReplyDelete