Friday, December 16, 2011

Ultimate X-Men #4

Moving onward, it's time to take a look at the Ultimate Marvel series that's the safest on my pull list, Ultimate X-Men. I've already dropped Ultimate Spidey because two monthly Bendis books would be too much for my sanity, and Jonathan Hickman tends to write over my head, which is making me question whether or not to keep up with Ultimates. Now, I haven't been that enthralled with THIS series, but it IS my favorite of the bunch... So far...

Ultimate X-Men #4:

Summary: Oh give me a frigging break... This is the William Stryker Special Issue... Every X-comic needs one of THOSE! *sigh* I've already gone on at great lengths about how much Stryker sucks and how much I hate him, so I won't get into it again here. Suffice to say he's the most worthless villain in the X-Men's rogue gallery, his character sucks, and he's been WAY overused lately. Anyway, blah, blah, blah, Stryker hates mutants, blah, blah, blah, Magneto killed his family, blah, blah, blah. Stryker kills a mess of cops in Times Square and opens up a van carrying a mess of mutants, proclaiming that he was gonna kill them. Iceman, Human Torch, Jimmy Hudson and Rogue decide to stop him, but after losing Peter Parker, Shroud doesn't want to help. So the four mutants leave without her and this one ends with the boy Jimmy rescued last issue informing Shroud that Rogue was actually a sleeper agent for Stryker. Because she's a complete and utter moron or something.

Thoughts: Yeah, whatever. There are my thoughts on this one in a nutshell. Wake me when this damned Stryker storyline is over, because I could literally care less about him. Seriously, I'd rather watch paint dry than read ANOTHER story about William Stryker.

Score: 1 out of 10. It would have been a 0 had Jimmy not appeared...Damn did Jimmy get his father's hair or what?!?

2 comments:

  1. You do have a point, Jermox. I'll tack on an extra 1/2 point for the Matchstick next issue. :D

    ReplyDelete