Monday, January 30, 2012

Let's Welcome...

Hey there X-Maniacs, I have an extra special announcement to make tonight. One that will change this blog FOREVER!!! Yep, “FOREVER” in all caps, which proves just how big this announcement is! What is the announcement? I'll be adding a collaborator to this blog! And not just ANY collaborator, but probably the second(yes second...) greatest blogger in the history of the Internet! Who is this near legendary figure you ask? Ol' X is delighted to welcome the one and only Jason Todd of Jason Todd's Comic Spot to the blog. Yes, I have managed to convince(trick) my great friend JT to come and post stuff here at the blog, forsaking his own blog in the process... Yep, I am THAT convincing(and/or devious!)!

So, who is JT exactly? JT has gone from being a regular commenter here at the blog since September of 2009, to being a legitimate and valued friend who I speak to on a regular basis. JT is a fellow comic book aficionado, one who is especially knowledgeable on all things Jason Todd... As you probably guessed... Not only that, but he also reads a plethora of books from DC, Marvel, Zenescope, Image and probably other stuff that I didn't care to ask him about. As for what JT will be doing? Pretty much anything he wants. I'll still be doing a post(or three...) everyday, as usual, but now JT will chip in with some reviews, or links, or news stories, or whatever else strikes his fancy. So for example, for much ballyhooed comic books(like the upcoming Winter Soldier #1 let's say), you'll get TWO reviews for the book, meaning anything I miss, JT should pick up on, as well as giving you guys two different takes on things. Plus, he'll be able to throw reviews out there for books that I don't read, adding some extra content around here. Now, being completely serious for a moment, a huge thank you to JT for taking me up on my offer and deciding to add his immense talents to the blog... Oh, and JT? You'd better not suck! :P And that's all for now. I'll have two reviews up tomorrow, and I'm sure JT will post something soon, be it a review or just a random post... Probably... I don't know. As for me, until later, X out.

13 comments:

  1. Sweet Jesus Batman!!!! X and JT....together.....on one blog....is there an option to marry both you guys? Because this is just genius.

    THIS is a surprise....didn't expect to come home from work to this...WOW. This is going to be awesome!!!

    I feel like a school girl!! Lol. I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that was a hell of an introduction X! Normally I'd make a joke about how I'm gonna add some class and talent to this place (And I will) but honestly I appreciate the kind words man. It's pretty cool considering I found this blog from googling Nightwing arcs (How glad are you that you bought that run off eBay?) and now two and a half years later you're one of my best friends and I'm writing here.

    So thanks for asking me, convincing me, tricking me or whatever you wanna call it to get to write here, glad to be apart of the team buddy. Here's hoping your commenters are fans of bad reviews, but hey, they're already here so I'd say the chances are good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. "is there an option to marry both you guys?" We could probably get it done in international waters, Lisha. :D

    Yeah, I was surprised that JT accepted my offer actually. He's such a sucker... :P But yeah, it should be a blast.

    Well, consider those the first and only kind words you'll be getting from me, JT! Now that you're here you'll find me to be quite the harsh taskmaster! Much like Hank to Khan, you will now be my worker monkey! :P

    "Here's hoping your commenters are fans of bad reviews, but hey, they're already here so I'd say the chances are good." HA!! Ass...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falisha, there's a good chance this blog will implode by tomorrow night from sheer awesomeness.

    X, after that hilarious worker monkey line I think you deserve the shot I took at your blog. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this was unexpected...but, more importantly, it's awesome! My two favorite comic book reviewers in one place. :D

    P.S. Let's talk soon, my old friends. I miss ya, and I'm sure Kello does too. I can tell you all about the joys of grading the papers of college freshmen! xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Marc, now you can save fractions of time by just clicking one blog instead of two... damn we're thoughtful. And college freshmen sound worse than Highschool freshmen just from that sentence. :|

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice. I was wondering when JT would return.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks arw1985, glad to be back, especially at a blog that gets like four times the traffic of my own. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking forward to your return to blogging JT I didn't expect it in this stellar way congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Alien, I'm glad you guys are so receptive of me, and here I thought this was gonna be a bust. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. "We could probably get it done in international waters, Lisha. :D" Can this happen in Canada? Lol, I dont't want to spend all our future honeymoon money flying over seas to do such an awesome thing such as marrying you two,:-P lol.

    JT did one hell of a job keeping this a secret from me. Lol. And he was pretty damn clever in luring me to your blog. Lol. I usually check e-mail and go to bed, but he was determined to get me to the surprise!

    "Falisha, there's a good chance this blog will implode by tomorrow night from sheer awesomeness."

    Well I'll be here for that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. im looking foward to your reviews man glad your here JT :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol I'm a bit clever Lisha, you should know that by now :P

    Thanks Movieartman, hell, thanks to all you guys again for making me feel all welcome here.

    ReplyDelete