Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Comic Day! June 6th edition.

It's Wednesday, and you know what that means... Yep, it's time for New Comic Day! Huzzah! It's also time for me to finally, you know, type up a post... Anyway, I already know what this week's Pick of the Litter is before checking out which books I'll be getting this week, but let's see what else I expect to be picking up at the comic shop later on(I wrote this last night, that's actually a lie, I just got back!)... Stormwatch #10, Morning Glories #19, Thief of Thieves #5, Avengers Academy #31, Avengers vs X-Men #5, Dark Avengers #175, Invincible Iron Man #518, Journey Into Mystery #639, Mighty Thor Annual #1, Winter Soldier #6, X-Factor #237. I'll also probably pick up Uncanny X-Men #13, although I'm seriously on the fence about that after the ultra-lame ending of the last issue(Yeah, I didn't bother picking that up to read about more of Lord Summers and his scathing love letters). Anyway, that's a definite 11 books for the week, which would actually make this week somewhat light. Huh, go figure.

As expected, this week's Pick of the Litter is Avengers vs X-Men #5. Marvel is promoting this issue as the end of the first act/arc/part/whatever, so you have to expect something HUGE to occur in this one... Should make for a really interesting read, as well as set the tone for the rest of the event. So far I've enjoyed this event, this issue could be the one that tips my opinion in the other direction though. We shall see... As for this week's Runt of the Litter? I guess that would be Thief of Thieves #5. I just haven't been able to get into this series in the way I hoped, and to be honest, I was planning on dropping it, but forgot to. Oh well, I'll probably just drop it after this issue. Now it's time to talk about my posting schedule... Due to work, as well as my other responsibilities, I don't see myself having the time to do very many full reviews. So expect a few “A Quick Look At...” posts over the course of the next few days. However, I do fully intend on giving AvX #5 a full review upon getting home from the comic shop, meaning it should be up in a few hours(forget a few hours, how about a few minutes!)! Shocking, I know! So that's that. As always, things could change, but that's what I'm anticipating. Until later? X out.

No comments:

Post a Comment