Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Quick Look at... May 30th's new releases. Take 2!

Hey all, Vampire X here with the second part of my laziest idea ever, A Quick Look At...! I should be able to get a few real reviews done Sunday night or so, which means I can post some reviews Monday... Probably. But until then, it's lazy Vampire X to the rescue! I have to say, it's a REAL good thing JT is doing posts here, because if it was just up to me, this blog would be a sad place... Or a sadder place. I think that's more appropriate. Anyway, here's the rest of the books I picked up on Wednesday, in two sentences... Or less!!!

America's Got Powers #2: This was another good, strong issue of this series. The characters are interesting, the story is engaging, and with Bryan Hitch doing the art, it goes without saying that the art is great.
Score: 8 out of 10.

Batman Annual #1: JT pretty much said everything I'd have said about this comic, but better! This was a fantastic one and done issue that puts a whole new spin on the Mr. Freeze character.
Score: 10 out of 10.

Astonishing X-Men #50: This issue actually made me remember how much I enjoyed reading Marjorie Liu's work... I'm not a huge fan of any of the characters here, but Liu tells a story that's good enough to have me interested in the next issue.
Score: 7 1/2 out of 10.

Ravagers #1: This comic was good! I'd have liked it better without Beast Boy, and I'm not sure if I'll snag issue #2, but I'm at least pondering picking up the second issue, which is more than I expected.
Score: 7 out of 10.

And that'll do it for me. After a quick bite to eat(heh heh...) it's back to the casket until tonight. Until later, Vampire X out!

No comments:

Post a Comment