Saturday, April 27, 2013

Young Avengers #4

Next up this week is the series that is rapidly becoming a favorite of mine, Young Avengers.  I can't heap enough praise on this series, or the job the creative team has done thus far.  Since I'm sure I'll be gushing about this issue too, I'm just gonna move right into the review.

Young Avengers #4:

Summary: So Noh-Varr(apparently NOT Marvel Boy any longer!) and Kate arrive on the scene and save the rest of the team.  From there, they beat a hasty retreat in Noh-Varr's spaceship, but are pursued by... pretty much EVERYBODY'S parents.  The spaceship ends up being damaged by Noh-Varr's father, which leads ends up grounding the team.  With time rapidly running out, Loki makes one last desperate attempt at getting Wiccan's powers, telling Wiccan that this whole ordeal could be ended with either Loki borrowing Wiccan's powers or with Wiccan's death...  Wiccan decides to trust Loki and lends him his reality altering abilities, at which point Loki teleports away.  This issue ends with Mother's army closing in on the outmatched team.

Thoughts: Yeah, I still love this comic.  What more can I say?  Everything about it was great.  Loki's constant attempts at manipulation is always fun, finally bringing Kate and Noh-Varr to the rest of the group was something I've been waiting for, and I'm still digging the story.  So yeah, win for me!

Score: 9 out of 10.

3 comments:

  1. You gave Young Avengers the type of score it deserved. I looooove this series. Lol. There wasn't one thing I didn't like about the comic, oh wait that there wasn't more!! Lol. I just love how all the characters seem to click with one another.

    Loki is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens next. I can only imagine the battle coming up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be the perfect comic-book. Seriously, I don't know what else to say. Using Loki to raise whether Billy essentially summoned Teddy was brilliant. As much as I love the two of them, Gillen's raising this question not just for drama but because it gets to the heart of Billy as a character. Awesome. I could write a book on just how much I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agreed. I'm pretty sure I said it to JT, but I wish Marvel would put THIS series out a million times a month! I think this is probably my favorite series... Or Captain America... Or maybe Uncanny Avengers... Huh, Marvel Now has been damn good to me as a fan...

      Delete