Monday, June 3, 2013

Best of the Rest! May 29th edition.

Hey all, X back with his last contribution to the blog this week.  This was a really light comic week for me, and as such, I have hardly anything to review for this post...  Just two measly comics...  Not only that, but JT doesn't have anything else to review!  So basically, this post will consist of two reviews, one of which is a last issue!  Since I'm not expecting anybody to read this, I'm just gonna blow through these as quick as can be.

Venom #35: Crazy Eddie confronts Flash at the High School Flash was teaching at, wanting a rematch of the prior night's festivities.  Before things can get too explosive between the two, the Unnamed Alien from the past few issues pops up, attacking students and teachers alike.  Eddie and Flash put their differences aside and team-up to destroy the Unnamed Alien.  After fighting besides Flash, Eddie decides to leave Flash alone, but threatens that he'd return if Flash proved unable to control his symbiote.  Hey, good stuff here!  I enjoyed this story and really enjoyed the interaction between Eddie and Flash.  I don't get what the hell was going on with the Unnamed Alien, as we learned nothing about it for three issues(not even it's name!), so I'm kind of perplexed as to why Cullen Bunn included it here.  Besides that though, I have no real complaints.  Score: 8 out of 10.

Dark Avengers #190(final issue): Basically the Dark Avengers manage to get back to their proper Earth thanks to Alternate Reed forcing the info out of the AIM agents who were wandering around for the past few issues.  In the end, US Agent, Moonstone, Ragnarok, Trickshot and that Witch woman decide to remain as a team, while Skaar takes off(good riddance, bitch) and that Spider-Man lookalike gets stepped on.  And that's about as much time as I want to take on this issue.  The Dark Avengers trip home was way more complicated than I spelled out above, and included slivers of time...  So you should be thankful I bottom lined it, 'cause it was all sorts of weird.  I'm sad to say that I'm not going to miss this series...  It's been treading water for a while, and the storyline with the alternate earth went on entirely too long for my liking.  Oh well.  Score: 6 out of 10.

And that'll do it for this week...  Here's hoping next week is a bit more lively than this week's pitiful display.  Until then?  X out.

No comments:

Post a Comment